BYYB Forums

Full Version: Peak Halyard - untangled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After raising and lowering my mast at least 6 times, I think I've got my peak halyard running free.  I ended up moving one of the blocks down with the throat halyard block.

Examing the original problem, the lines running out of the blocks were either rubbing against each other, or after I started rearranging things, against the other blocks.  Even inserting links to move one block farther out still had rubbing issues.

My vacation is now over but I still have the weekend.  The steering needs repair, a couple of spots need a touch of paint and the sails need to be put back on (fixed them earlier in the week) and then I think I'm ready for the next adventure.

And "of course" the last three days have been perfect sailing weather....
The weather is always good when we're in dry dock LOL. Hope you have a chance to check out your modifications this weekend before going back to the grind on Monday morning.

Greg
Andrew, your next outing will be much better, honest. Again, please select a low wind day (10 knots max, 8 is better) so you can evaluate options and aren't forced into decisions by the pending grounding that's about to occur, because a stiff wind is on you. Also motor (or row) into deep water if you can, in an area where you have lots of "sea room" to hoist and get squared away before the shore line is looming over decision making.
I second Paul's advice.