BYYB Forums

Full Version: Another Skipjack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well here I go...and aint those some fine lookin knot holes  Smile

Bob  At least the knots match on left and right. They will be all right (beawite), start making saw dust. Please go ahead and get the moning chair and post photo so I wan't be worried about you. Bud Wink
Looks like it'll float ... Off to the lake!
The way I'm sweatin its close to floatin now...I picked the wrong weekend,every bit of 100 in the shade
and the only breeze is coming off the fly's wings  :'(
Fortunately it is only in the low 70s in Montana right now.  More like spring then summer.  I am heading out to the shop in about 5.  Waiting on the coffee.  I am not trying to rub it in but I do see some humor in you sweatin and me waitin on coffee.  Just remeber that sweat and epoxy don't mix and it should be ok.  That and have your thinking chair in the shade next to a decantor of lemonade.  Happy boat buildin to ya.
So thats where my cold front went,well she'll be back directly i think.

Just not enuff hours in the day,or work in the hour.....

I haven't seen all that many but I'll still hazard a guess.  That looks like a boat hull bottom to me!  I remember when I cut those pieces out for my little boat project.  I want to run to the house and drag my wife out to show her.  Are you going to use the stringer method or the stitch and glue?
Plans call for stringers so i will use them,altho i think i will use pauls method for the panel joiner
in the hull and maybe elsewhere.

The panel joiner in the pix is not glued,plan on putting the stringers on turning over and try my hand at paul's method.

After i resolve my technical difficulties in cutting the stringers.
A small bit of progress...only one major goof...cutting the forward part of the keel forgot to watch the blade and not the guide,now have all one side of the keel cut.with luck can cut,epoxy and assemble tomorrow.

I am using AeroMarine 300/21 epoxy...should I apply to both sides(opposing interior) or only one side of the keel ?

Also I had a strange thought while cuting the keel,in hearing of some problems with keel seperation on the weekender's with a 3 layer keel and the skipjack with only 2  I wonder about putting a layer of cloth in between ,with the epoxy of course ?

I do plan on glassing, with cloth,all the seams and the keel.

I have noted there is no shortage of opinions here so please....Far away Smile