BYYB Forums

Full Version: What Am I doing Wrong?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What am I doing wrong?
Maybe this should have been posted in the "boats and watercraft" area, but I just got my first boat last week and wanted to take her out over the weekend. I don't know much about them, and I asked the guy at the boat sales about launching the boat for the first time. He told me just to be careful and not get the trailer in too deep.

I did the best I could, but I couldn't get the trailer in any further than this. What am I doing wrong?

[Image: NewBoat.jpg]

Any advice???
Obviously, the lake is too high up. Try putting it at the bottom of the ramp.
Greeting Tom,

So you have finally solved the "backing down the ramp" problem.  Congratulations.

Is this your Cousin?

[Image: pickup.jpg]

Cheers,
Tom
Okay honey, maybe reverse was the better idea . . .
The first pic is obvious. One needs to pay attention to the fine print. In the "cash for clunkers" program, what they didn't tell you is that for giving you $4500 off the price of a new car, you don't get reverse. Fortunately, though, there are several "shovel ready" projects that have received stimulus money to make the boat ramps only a 1% grade & 75' long as to facilitate easy u-turn/e-brake launching. The bad news is that there isn't enough money to afford signs to tell you which ones have been completed. 8)

capnpablo
Greetings Tom,

Doesn't this guy live down the street from you?

[Image: 3612888758_7ca1dce93c.jpg]

Cheers,
Tom
I believe you are correct.  That happened in Seattle area when I live there it looks like.  Deffinitely a kindred spirit. ;D ;D ;D
My advice? Scrap the truck and sell the boat. You shouldn't be driving.
Peter, 

I wasn't asking for your advice.  The above post was meant as a humerous jest.  You seem to have taken it as an afront for some reason and decided to make a personal attack by giving your "ADVICE". 

Perhaps I have misread.  Perhaps not.

Lighten up a bit.

Cheers,

Tom..
Mine was in jest too. sorry if you took it as serious.