BYYB Forums

Full Version: Vacationer Abundance... abundantly in need of a home.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok, well I know I'm notg oing to get anything close to th $4500 plus I've put into this boat but I'm sad to see it wither away.

At this point I am thinking I will part it out for all of the commercially obtained items that will sell on ebay, and either give the remaining hull away or trash it.  I am of course taking off all of the artsy things like the ships wheel, figure head and treasure ice chest.

So here is what I have taken inventory on as far as commercial goods....

1 Motor                                     $500
1 Motor mount                       $159
2 self tailing Winches w/handle          $200
1 Harken main block                         $75
1 Harken double block             $40
1 teleflex Steering system           $152
1 Trailer w/spare                              $400
1 Stereo with speakers           $100
2 interior floor Chairs                          $40
2 cam cleats                         $20
1 propane Stove w/small oven            $30
1 Electric panel                         $20
6 fairleads                                         $4
3 cupholders                           $10
1 Sail Lash Centipede             $30
4 clean bowlines with hang strap $10
3 fenders                                       $20
              Total            $1,810

The sun has done alot of flaking damage on the topside, mostly to the hatches. (anything bright)

So if anyone is interested in taking the whole package for $1810 let me know.
You can see the description on the forsale board ad see build pics at www.cppy.com/vacationer

Or if anyone is interested in the stripped out hull after its all over with please let me know.

I gotta get this thing outta my driveway!!!!

Thanks,
Kevin

Konrad

Well that's a sad thing.  Sad

You're one of the old-schoolers, going back roughly 10 yrs or so when you and I first built our Vacationers at (more or less) the same time.  I do understand how it ebbs and flows, and if you let it ebb too far to the "unmaintained" end of the spectrum, it's hard to find the spirit to bring it back around.  I almost reached that point last fall with it, but instead I jumped on it, and she's in great shape now.

Owning a wooden boat is a dynamic thing.  They're not static objects.  They're either moving towards the "back-to-mother-nature" direction, or (when you're devoting time to them) towards the other direction (which I can't think of a name for).

If you really can't find a home for the hull, I have an idea on what to do with it (which sounds like I'm setting up for a joke, but I'm not).
Kevin:  The link to your built site is not working.  I'd love to see the photos.

Dave
[Image: IMG_0180sm.jpg]

keith dauss

where is it located
I'm in Fort Worth Texas.
The link should work...  It has frames that may or may not cause an issue.
I'll try again. http://custompaperpocketyachts.k-j-g.com/vacationer/
[Image: IMG_0256.JPG]

Yeah Konrad, it does take a lot of work. Mine is not too far gone though, I'd just like to see someone enjoy it before it is.  Mainly the hatches are getting eaten by the sun.  The deck is now white, I painted that to prevent it from cracking up in the sun. I can't seem to get a tarp to stay on it, ot always manages to blow off or tear.

She is ready to sail with minimal clean up, I even have the new reg stickers ready to go on..

I'll try to post some new pics to show the ugly spots....
Kevin:  I enjoyed the photos of the building process.  How long did you leave the deck of your Vac bright?  I like the look.  My weekender will be sheltered when not in the water, so the sun shouldn't a major problem.  BTW I got your plans for the iIrish knot ship's wheel.  It's nearly done and looks great!  I used mahogany.

Dave
What a shame! That's a great looking deck! My weekender lives outdoors year round and I've found that those tarps that are silver on one side and black on the other are working very well for me. I buy a 10' x 20' about every six months. This tarp fits the boat pretty well and I lash it down along the sides to the trailer. I just have a piece of line coming off the tarp grommets and use a trailer hitch to attach to the trailer. Even in winter when we get hit with a lot of the wet stuff and high winds, my boat remains good and dry inside. The tarp holds well in place and in the spring when I find things nice and dry inside, I'm a very happy camper. These tarps cost me a whopping $25.00 a pop. Only a section of the bowsprit sticks out from under.
Hello Kevin, After seeing your ice chest, I was curious if you offer plans for it? It appears to have begun life with a styrofoam cooler like the ones from Omaha Steak mailorder. Did you epoxy strips directly to cooler? (BTW, if I've failed to notice if plans are avail on your website, I apologize. Just got back from daughter's wedding out of state and I'm trying to catch up)

capnpablo