BYYB Forums

Full Version: Super Skipjack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Mike Walsh

I did a search and could not find much on it.

Has anyone built one? 

How much ply is needed to build it?
You can be the first to build one (other than Stevensons)  if you hurry. Get it done and tell us all about it
I'll second that,I debated a long time on wther to buy the Super skipjack or the Weekender.
Decided on the Weekender but still like the Skipjack.

Hurry up and start buildin and post some pics ......
I'm building a weekender and decided to take out the cabin and make it open seating.  After many hours of fabricating and fitting Mike posted his Superskipjack and I wished I had it.  I guess I'll have an extra long Superskipjack when I'm done.  I say go for the Superskipjack.  It looks good to me.

Mike Walsh

I'm trying to get an idea of the materials needed for it and cannot find a BOM listed for it.

The vid's of it look good and I like it.
I like the lines of the Super Skipjack also.  I was planning to build it, but the Weekender's cabin and overall size won me over.  The SS is a nice boat, though.

Dave
For plywood the plans call for...

4- 3/8 x 4 x 8
5- 1/4 x 4 x 8

I have the plans for the skipjack and would scan and post the materials list if someone could tell me if thats kosher or not,I sent a email to a administrator but no answer yet,probably out doin somethin fun like sailin Smile

Just a note on posting scans of the plans.  They "are" covered by copywrite and reflect the intellectual property on the Stevensons.  Stevenson Projects is completely independant of and separate from the BYYB although they historically have tried to encourage the organization.

I suspect they don't mind a figure here or there but too much posted and they'll no have a business.

Sorry for the rant - intellectual property rights are a "thing" with me.  I even went through a bunch of hoops when doing up the MiniCup plans for one guy to ensure that the Stevensons were OK with even that 1 copy - which has turned into thousands after they posted it on their own site.
Hello all,

Thanks Andrew, I appreciate the thoughtful note above. (And the Mini-Cup scanning—that led to our doing a few others, and eventually we're going to start offering downloadable plans for most of the projects.)

I should have posted the materials list some time ago but it just slipped my mind entirely. I'll get it up in the next day or so. I think it's good to have them for pricing and mulling over-material.

Mike