BYYB Forums

Full Version: Weekender Builder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Randy Norman

... or I will be as soon as I get started. Just got my plans in the mail today and am looking forward to getting started. First I suppose I should digest the info and go over the DVDs at least once.

My sailing experience is limited to a few outings on an old sunfish that a friend's parents kept at their place on the Chesapeake Bay and a handful of Hobie Cat rentals with the now-ex. But what sailing I've done I have loved.

A single parent living out in western Maryland, I'm pretty handy, so looking forward to sinking my teeth into this project. My kids are grown and only one still left at home, sort of (occasionally, when she's not staying with friends). So with lots of free time (well, never as much as you would think) I am anxious to try my hand at this.

I've been lurking here for quite a while and have reviewed most of Stevenson's Projects' web site. I first stumbled across them some time last year but that was when nobody was able to place orders while they switched web servers or some such. So when I came back by recently and saw they were back in action, I had to jump!

I see there's lots of great info here and I am a pretty good one to search before asking questions that have been answered before, but I'll probably come up with a new question or two before long.

Just wanted to pop in and say "hi" and give a quick intro.

Welcome Aboard Randy, Glad to meet you. Yes Sailing is quite addictive.
I look forward to watching your progress, if you have any quesyions , just ask away mate.

Brian.
Good to have you on board, Randy.  I'm a newbie too, with about as much sailing experience as you!  The group on this board is incredibly helpful, and you never get the feeling that any question you ask is "too dumb".  Ask away!  Getting started is the hardest part.

Dave
Welcome aboard Randy. The main thing to search before starting is the moaning chair. Wink You will enjoy this project, How far do you live from Shady Side MD.? There are a couple of BYYBers there.  Bud.

Randy Norman

Shady Side's south of Annapolis, so about 2/3rds of the way across the state from me. But it's near my dad's place out on Kent Island, where I will hope to eventually be launching from every so often. Got to build this thing first though.