BYYB Forums

Full Version: Ever-moving launch date
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well - today was "supposed" to be launch date.  I'd thought - sure - I can set up the running rigging, put grommets in the sails and get things ready on Saturday afternoon ......  :Smile

Well - it's looking like roughly ANOTHER two weeks yet to go.  I can only work on the boat on weekends (long work day) and still have to do all the general domestic things.

I got the oar-locks installed, a boom crutch made, moved the boat out of the garage, reset the standing rigging which had gotten messed up over the winter, and set up the peak halyard.

I managed to do this by only cutting the grass in the front yard hoping we won't have company who will see the back.

Oh - and for those like me who have gone the "cheap hardware store pulley" route - check them carefully.  More than half of the single pulleys I got had a sharp bit of metal inside the shell, right above the sheave.  Once I realized this, I had to bring the mast back down, un-reeve the lines (snagging them in the process), and the file down the rough part of the shells.