BYYB Forums

Full Version: Hull Bottom measurements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ready to cut the hull bottom, but I just wanted to be sure of something.  The drawining on the plans past station 13 is very out of scale.  before I cut the stern, can someone confirm the overall length of the bottom is 155-3/4" after the 2-1/2" are cut off the nose.  The distance from A to B is 1" (despite appearances).  The distance from B to C is 1-1/4".  And the distance from A to C is 2-1/4".  Thanks.

Dave
To quote Peter Stevenson - and Captain Barbosa "These are what we like to call guidelines ..."

The part of the bow that needs to be cut off will make that end of the bottom the width of the keel.  The distance from the front of the notch to the bottom of the stern post less the thickness of the transom is the length you need for the hull.

Since that answer might not satisfy you, according to my CAD drawings (yes I over-engineer everything) so yes the distance from station 13 to the edge of the hull bottom is 2 1/4"
Thanks, Andrew.  What confused me was how out of scale the 1" measurement from station 13 to the intermidiate station after it was.  The 1-1/4" and 2-1/4" dimensions seem right.

Dave