BYYB Forums

Full Version: help with registering a new user ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, I received a phone call from a fellow amateur radio operator this evening, and he was on the forums earlier, and needed help registering as a user.  Who is dealing with this at the moment, so I can forward his information?

While I'm on that, I've missed the last few elections, who'se running things these days?  I love the new look, and am pleased to see that any home boats are now welcome.  Smile
All he should need to do is click on the register button at the right end of the menu bar (you can't see it if you are logged in but it will appear if you logout logout) then choose register and be SURE to use the firstname lastname format for the username - we get a lot of false registrations so anyone registering with anything that looks fake will be deleted.  He should be approved in a day or so.

If your friend has a strange name, you ought to email his info to one of the board members and he can be added manually.
I had problems with this when I registered too.  The auto acknolegement doesn't seem to go out and let you know that you are registered.  I had to go to Frank at messin about in boats . com and he got it taken care of.  Probably needs some tweaking.