BYYB Forums

Full Version: How many builders and how many boats ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, just trying to figure out how many builders and boats are in the area at present.  I haven't been keeping track in quite a while, so people have started builds, finished builds, sold boats, moved away, and moved into the area by now.

Is there enough interest in an Erie Fleet still, or are we down to one or two boats too far apart to get together?

I'll be bashing together a pair of non-stevenson boats in the next month, so that my son and I can get back on the water while I figure out what to do with a 'bigger boat' solution.  The goal for me is to get on the water this summer, even if it's in a shoebox with a twig for a mast and a hankie for a sail.  It's been too long for me, and I'm getting landbound fever.  

The design I've chosen is the oz pd racer, or puddleduck ... they're ugly, but look like fun, a quick build, relatively cheap, there's a good following for them, and an event in October in Georgia that I'd really like to attend.  I'll post build updates once I get started, and announce the launch.  If there's anybody in the area after that, I plan to vacation with them as soon as the paint dries.