BYYB Forums

Full Version: While I've been gone, what happened to ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Just got to thinking this afternoon, I left the board before Barnacle Jim got close to finishing his Vacationer.  Did that masterpiece ever get to see water, or is it still on the hard?  Any rogue builders pushing the designs in new directions?  Did anyone ever take over the build of the weekender that was stretched to look like a tanzer?  I've got a lot to catch up on ... what's new?

Welcome back Stuart, Jim still hasn't launched his boat. He's had some health issues holding him back but the last time I talked to him he was still planning to get back out there. There are a few new boats out there and some being modified. There's one with major keel mods being worked on right now. I'm looking forward to hearing the results. You've got a lot of reading to do to catch up, glad to see you back

Keith
Thanks for the heads up.  I hope that Jim is alright.  His fine craft is so well built and beautiful that it would be a shame if he culdn't finish and sail her.

You're not kidding about being behind.  Lots of news and builds, repairs and stories to go through.  For example, who'se the other Mr. Benbow, what's he sail, and where is he located?  Seeing my last name really let me know I've missed a lot!

Anyway, off to the garage for more constructive demolition.  Smile