BYYB Forums

Full Version: Bottom length of Vacationer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Mike Walsh

What are the length and width of the assembled bottom of the Vacationer panels not including the stem/keel assembly?
As I can find no where on the plan, the actual definitive bottom length,  I calculate it as 17'8" not including the keel fore and aft assembly.  Just the plywood panels.  The widest station on the bottom is #11 and is 35 3/4" on each side of the center line, or 70  1/2" at the widest. 

It has been odd that the overall dimensions are nor readily defined.  Perhaps I am missing them.  I know there is no table stating them definitively.

Tom...

marcin_ciuk

I am now just plotting out my VAC in DelftSHIP, because I'm planning to modify the keel. I should have a complete set of dimensions within a week or so.

I know that a poster on this forum did up the Weekender in D-S, but I can't find the post Sad

Mike Walsh

I want to be sure I have enough floor space in the garage to lay out the bottom.
Mike,  I realised that I mis typed the beam (width) dimension it should be 71-1/2"  these are taken right off the plan.  if you have 20' X 8' you should have plenty of room t lay out your bottom sheets.

Tom...