BYYB Forums

Full Version: New boat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I bought a new boat.

I thought, if I'm going to get my weekender re-finished this year I'm going to need something to sail in the interim.  So I bought a Fiberglass jobby.  It's a DS-16.  The boat is in great shape and came with everything but an outboard.  I am not doing any military training this summer & the weekender is not ready for the water (Cosmetically).  So, this seemed to be a great idea.  Also the price was right.  $2200 with trailer and all the extras the gentleman had. I managed to pick up an old OMC 5HP for $200, which is in perfect running condition.

There is a suprising amount of room & storage in this little boat.  It has a swing keel and drafts from 7" - 4'.  Sleeps two in relative comfort.  SHe sails well, & the little 5hp is more than enough to get you around when the wind dies down.

Anyway, here are a couple photos.

Fair winds!

Andrew, nice prgress on your weekender, looks like your close to getting her on the water.

She looks good Shaun, good buy!!  8) 8) 8)
Nice find Shawne, Where do you plan to sail her?

Greg
I plan to day sail her on the local lakes in the area.  There are a number of good sized lakes within an hour or so.  I'm hoping to do some over nighters as well.  Hopefully after the busy season ends, I'll be able to take her out every weekend as well as a few evenings during the week.  Smile
(06-08-2009, 10:48 AM)Shawne Hancock link Wrote: [ -> ]Andrew, nice prgress on your weekender, looks like your close to getting her on the water.

Thanks Shawne - yep - I'm within weeks of launch.  I'm hoping to paint this weekend and then it's just the running rigging to finish.
Nice find Shawne! she's pretty mate.
She's cute. Who knows, you might end up liking her better than the Weekender. Oops :o