BYYB Forums

Full Version: Epic Voyage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What's the plan?  Everybody getting their boat and gear ready?  Sans Souci will be in the water late next week, around the 10th.
Much work left to do.

-Graig and I build a new mast for Polar Dip.
I still have to varnish and put the hardware back in place.

-I need to install motor mount, fix up some dings and paint touch up.

That amongst a tons of other things to do  :o

As it stand, I still plan on attending the "Epic Voyage"
But I have some obligations I must tend to before setting sails.

Don't count me out yet  ;D
Ginny Rae is in my driveway, I hope to put the sticks and sails back on this week. I'd like to launch her by next weekend or mid week 17th of June at the latest. Denis and I had fun with my 1 1/2 inch round over bit, and router. The results on our masts were impressive.

I was out at Prosperous lake with AFS students this weekend, the lake is still covered in ice  :Smile.

Greg
The excitement is building,(for me at least), our "Epic Voyage" is less than a week away. The long range forecast is good, however that could change several times before next Sat. Do we want to try and depart Friday evening, or on Saturday AM. I'm open to the Fleet's consensus? Is Monday still good for a return time for everyone?

Greg
The boat is sea worthy but it's not looking good for me to partake in the "Epic Voyage"

I have obligation that I must take care of. Maybe before the departure the situation will improve and I may join you.

Cheers  :-\
I'm in Edmonton picking up the new car, should be back in YK late Wednesday.  Annie and I can be ready to go Saturday morning if the wind agrees.
No Epic Journey for me. My boat is all smashed up from the "big wind", and mostly from power boaters ripping through the channel. She is in her tent now, healing. Also, we are short on twin otter captains at work and it's not likely I can get two days off in a row, EVER. I'm pretty pissed off. Maybe I can sail part way with you guys, anyway. Keep me posted on the departure time. One thing to bear in mind is that it will always piss rain when my boat is in the water, so I'll be doing you all a favour by keeping her in her shed.
What happen to your boat just made up my mind not to leave mine in the water.

Are the damage extensive? Do you require help to carry out repair?

Call me if you need help.
Well with the weather, and other stuff that has popped up our "Epic Voyage" is scuttled, or at least delayed until later this summer.

Keith, your boat must have taken a worst beating, the rub rail was the only visible damage when I moved it off the dock. I'm on holidays and can lend a hand to get her seaworthy again. 

I'm up for a day sail Sat. and maybe an overnight closer to town Burwash Point, Horseshoe Island are some possibilities. Or day sail Sat. and Sun.

Greg
We are up for that as well Greg.  if over night, the Sunday/Monday weather looks less likely for a lightning strike Smile  We also can consider an August epic voyage, at least a long weekend.