BYYB Forums

Full Version: An Error Has Occurred! The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
An Error Has Occurred!
The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator.

Not so Cheery
Tom
Maximum upload size is 600x600 pixels - other than that, I don't see a limit in the configuration of the forums.  If you were uploading elsewhere, more details are necessary.
[attachment=1]
More Diagnostic information.

The upload folder is full.

I just tried uploading a series of photos starting at 115kb and working my way down using smaller and smaller .JPGs in 10kb increments.  When I got down to 22kb, the upload worked ... see above photo.  So I tried to upload a smaller file (18kb) and now I get the same upload folder full message.

I was also able to upload the original drawing to my photo gallery, but not to this general upload folder.

So the next question would be, is this general upload folder a staging area for uploading files before they get copied elsewhere to be included in posts?  (meaning if you clean out the upload folder, will the previously uploaded photos disappear from our previous posts?)

Cheerier
Tom

ps .. this is the file I was trying to load
http://byyb.org/gallery/albums/userpics/...rsawn2.jpg
[Image: Quartersawn2.jpg]
Tom,

If you were uploading an attachment in a message - I think I found (and fixed) the folder limit.  If it was elsewhere, I haven't a clue.
Greetings Richard,

Yes, I was trying to upload the photo as an attachment in the middle of a message.

The error message has gone away, and I am once again able to upload photos.

The last thing is that now the uploaded attachment appears only at the end of the message.  I used to be able to insert a photo directly in-line with the message text using an [attachment=1] tag.  Now, the attachments show up at the end of the message after the signature. Again, if I place the cursor right here, and pressing the [Insert Attachement 1] button down below in the Additional Options (add images, subscribe to post, etc.) section after I have Browsed for a photo (in this case Avatar.png), it should insert the photo here ... [attachment=1] , but instead I get the [attachment=1] text and the attachment appends to the very end of the message.

Much better,
Tom