BYYB Forums

Full Version: One step closer...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I decided, after many frustrating hours of contemplation, that the rub rails are not a one-man operation :x . However, I was able to a satisfactory outcome:

[Image: rub_rails.JPG]

[Image: rub_rails_port.JPG]

Anyway, it was better than watching rich people in outrageously silly clothes shoot their mouths off.. Tongue

Many little things were wrapped up, the hatch opening:

[Image: hatch.JPG]

The rest of the little things don't qualify for pictures.

The seat panels are all cut out and ready, just ran out of steam tonight. I will epoxy and install them tomorrow.
Nice - i had to use serious clamping pressure to finish my rubrails....what a chore!

Quote:Anyway, it was better than watching rich people in outrageously silly clothes shoot their mouths off.. Razz

what they heck goes on in your neighborhood....we don't get that here. Some folks walked their dogs by tonight and upset my pumpkins but no crazy rich people in silly clothes (that I know of).....

i'll get back to studying for midterms...

a.
Quote:what they heck goes on in your neighborhood....we don't get that here. Some folks walked their dogs by tonight and upset my pumpkins but no crazy rich people in silly clothes (that I know of).....

Academy Awards tonight :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
hollywood??? people still watch that stuff? Lemme guess they still play Donnie and Marie and the Dolly Parton variety show too...geez. I am soooo glad there isn't tv in this house that works.

a.
She's looking good Brit!
Nice work so far Brit, the extra tasks will keep mutiplying. Don't get discouraged there's light at the end of the tunnel, and it's NOT A TRAIN!!! :lol:
Looks real good Brit. You're coming right along. I had to enlist the help of a neighbor and his son to help me with the rub rails. They were very difficult to manage but we got'er done. I really like your decking with the cedar. Very classy.
Quote:hollywood??? people still watch that stuff? Lemme guess they still play Donnie and Marie and the Dolly Parton variety show too...geez. I am soooo glad there isn't tv in this house that works.

a.

THAT'S YOUR SECRET!!!! I wondered how you get so much done!

Keith

Brian R Walters

That foredeck is gonna be stunning. What kind of finish are you planning on using ?
Quote:That foredeck is gonna be stunning. What kind of finish are you planning on using ?

I plan on finishing it natural, using clear epoxy and glass, with a polyurethane topcoat. Cedar is a pretty soft wood, so it needs all the help it can get, so it doesn't ding up.

The polyurethane is a aircraft-grade clear coat, used by commercial airlines. It is very UV resistant, and has the ability to flex. Plus, it's fairly inexpensive ($45-50 a gallon) as top coats go.

If I can just get to that point....

Glued up a 14' piece of doug fir tonight for the boom. Drove it home strapped to the top of my S10 pickup. Most of my neighbors know what I'm up to by now, so the noses on the windows as I bring new things home is entertaining... Tongue
Pages: 1 2