BYYB Forums

Full Version: Look what I made
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know it's not a boat. But what the hey-ho, I'm proud of it. I'm bored because I can't work on my boat.
[attachment=1]
[attachment=2]

Of course, I didn't actually make this, but I've had it since I was 12 and I built a new canopy for it, and painted it black, installed new chimney, boiler bands, running boards, road tyres, running lamps,etc. It's a traction engine (or "road locomotive). It actually runs on steam. I also re-brazed all the steam fittings and boiler endcaps and a bunch of other mechanical stuff.

Greg will probably think this is pretty cool.

Let's hope the lake opens soon before I start knitting. :Smile
Break out the needles Keith Smile  Nice job!  You should consider making a full size steam launch, I know I have thought long about it.
That's impressive Keith, A real face lift. That takes the heat tablet to fire the boiler right? I'd like to see it in action sometime.

This cold weather is still hanging on. I get my boatshed back from Keenan he's moving his 4 wheeler out tonight. Hope to make sawdust on Denis' mast, and re assemble my mast soon. I don't want to have to fill the propane bottle again this season, c'mon warm weather.

Greg
No kidding. I'll help with that mast if you like. Let's make a birdsmouth!!