BYYB Forums

Full Version: Newest Addition To the Fleet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Guppy  ;D

Alex, Cassie and I, Started drawing the measurement on a sheet of plywood.

One would wonder! " Dont you have a mast to fix "  ???
Yup

But building this boat give me a chance to do this at home and get the little one into sailing  ;D

I Will post some pic and keep you guys up to date.

Cheers

[attachment=1]
[attachment=2]
[attachment=3]
Good for you guys!  This will be fun to see on the water.  Like the simple sprit rig.  I used this on my first sailboat and it is one of the most all round efficient rigs going when used properly. 
Glad to see the boats starting to be built. Alex looks pretty handy with the tape measure. Cassie will keep you guys on track, as I see. If you need any assistance or a warm shop to glue them up, and paint, let me know.

Greg
Whatsa matter with your mast, Denis? Is there anything I can help with? You should come and see what I did with my mast to keep the gaff from interfering with the shrouds, if that's what you're fixing.

The Guppy looks like it will hold a few cases of beer on our big camping trip.
Hey great idea, the Guppy could be our Bar Tender for the trip LOL.

Greg
Wanna see what 2 sheets of plywood will get you??

[attachment=1]

[attachment=2]

Now, Looking at Alex's puzzled look on is face, He is probably thinking the samething as me................. ???

With all these pieces made out of a boat plan from an encyclopedia from the early 70's, are they actualy going to fit togheter??????

I will keep you Posted     ;D

[attachment=3]

Hey

It's been a while since he last Guppy update,
I had put this project on hold since the full size boat needed some TLC and Launching was a priority  ;D

Well, we are 3D and I have to fill in all the screw hole a bit of sanding and let the kid go nuts with the paint.

Et Voila !

Funny anecdote, while Alex was helping me holding the hull side while I was screwing it in place,
he ask " Dad  when we put the boat in the water, are we going to invite a lot of people like we did for your boat? "

So in the spirit of boating at our next gathering I will get a can of Ginger Ale and let him have is moment of glory.  ;D

I will put up some picture soon.

Cheers
Don't forget to invite us!
Will do.

Did you guys get together last?
Not recently, want to go sailing?