BYYB Forums

Full Version: not sure about going to BEER
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
as of this time i am not sure if i will be able to make it to the BEER cruise.  I just found out today that my teaching contract is not going to be renewed due to reduction in force so i should not be planning any trips at this time until i know if i will have gainful employment for the next school year and with literally a thousand teachers looking for teaching jobs state wide my prospects are slim  :'(
I truly do not understand this concept of laying off our educators. Why dont they trim alot of the fat.
Say cut some of the overpaid administrators pay. do that and we can keep our teachers where they belong. in my oppinion we need the teachers in the classroom , not some fat cat on a golf course.
Sorry just my oppinion.

bridog.
How's this for stupit Brian.  They will lay off 300 teachers and in a couple weeks when they get your tax money they are going to hire 200 cops!  Arizona is FUBAR worse than it was 30 years ago.  But they have money for art, bronze cowboys all over hell out here.  Foot bridges over the river etc.....  Makes me sick.  Sorry to hear this Bill, will the store up your hours?
the store would up my hours or even put me at full time but $9/hr isnt going to pay the bills or cover much of anything else.
Time to go do that cruise then, money be damned!  Perfect chance to be a pirate, good living too.
Bill, sorry to hear that!  In Georgia they are laying off teachers and cutting back on government spending so that they can have enough money to do stimulus packages.  So, good people get laid off work when we need them the most just so that the state government can follow the federal and give out hand-outs.  Kinda weird. 

As for administrators, they first lay-off the part time workers (my wife is one) then lay-off teachers based upon senority.  This means that all of the teachers who have gotten out of the classroom (some for legitimate reasons, some just to move bad teachers from in front of the students) can "move back down" to teaching kicking out less senior teachers.  No judgement of ability in the whole system.

Oh, and the principle at my wife's school got caught flatfooted because she encouraged some new mom's to job share so they could spend time with their new kids.  Problem is this reset their tenure clock back to zero (some had 10 years experience).  Interesting system.

Sorry, I simpathize with you.  Time to bring the MacGregor 25 down to the BEER cruise and just continue down to the Bahamas.  Make straw hats to sell on the beach or something!  Actually, I think I heard of some educators who were trying to get not-for-profit support to sail from island to island and provide education to kids where their wasn't and established school...

Sorry you won't be at the cruise.