BYYB Forums

Full Version: +3C On Friday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All we need is soft water and it's summer. ;D
I just read that our Cruising Club, home to Sans Souci, has the crane for the big boats to be put in on June 6th!  I was sailing last week in Mexico Smile
The Detah ice road on our sailing waters is still pretty active, and thick. I think sailing is only in our dreams for at least 6 - 8 more weeks. I still some work to finish on my mast, boom, and gaff, with routing, varnishing and such, I'm in no hurry for the soft water until then.

Ryerson, where in Mexico did you and Annie sail?

Greg
We were near Playa del Carmen on the east coast Greg.  Sans Souci should be ready for the water early to mid June.  We will cut and change the keel profile and finish the cabin inside first, as well as some odds and ends.  Can't wait to see her with the new jib.  Then....the Epic Voyage!
Earlier this winter, one of my co workers went to La Paz, Mex., chartered a sailboat and captain for a week. They had a great time. All these stories make a little envious. For relief, I sanded my mast, that made me feel better. Waiting for my new VHF antenna, so I can set it up properly with the satellite antenna.

Greg
Hey Greg

Do you still have that VHS radio we had made deal on?
If so, do I have do get anything to make it work?

Cheers

Denis
Yes, I still have the VHF radio for your boat. You'll need an antenna for it. I found mine on Ebay. I also think that Omega Marine, or Force One also sell them. I can help you fabricate a bracket to install in on your mast, if required. Some antennas have there own mounting base. You can pick it up any time.

Greg
Doesn't matter that the ice road is still open across where we sail, spring is in the air and it is time to do some boat work like Greg has been up to.  Not long now!
Minus ten on Sunday! >Sad Not so fast boys!!
Boys we may as well just stick skate on our boat............ >Sad

Warm weather is not coming.