BYYB Forums

Full Version: Weekender sailing video.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I made this video a few months ago, while I was toying with the movie program on my new computer.

I posted it on youtube, it's called "Sailing in a weekender". I noticed there weren't very many videos of homemade boats there. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy it. The other boats are Greg's and Ryerson & Annie's. The video quality is a little poor, but I think it's a fun movie.

Cheers,
Keith
here's the address:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qfUSlJRsOI

The search thing doesn't work all that well.
Nice seeing that again Keith, well done!  We will all have to take cameras,  video and still, on our "Epic Voyage" this summer and create a full length feature Smile
That was Bloody awesome! You made me smile for sure, Y'all sure look like a bunch of ol' salts sailing those beautifull boats up there in that frozen wonderland. Thank You for sharing that Keith, Lookin' good for sure.
Sounds like Y'all have one heck of an adventure planned up there this year, you have my curiosity peaked. Definetly take photos/videos of whatever wild adventure Y'all have planned.
Keith that video gave me an idea. What if we have some sort of contest on fleet videos at the end of the year?
Each fleet could take all the members photos and videos, from this years messabouts. Combine them into one fleet video, and the best fleet video wins. Or, we could do individule member video's just as well.
What do Y'all think? Bill, Craig, and Keith, do we have somthing we could post as a prize or maybe 1'st, 2'nd, and 3'rd? ;D

Brian.
That brings back fond sailing memories. Thanks Keith, if I wear out my DVD, it's on YouTube, thanks.

I'm up for the Fleet video challenge Brian, with this kind of quality, we have a good shot at 1st AAARRRRGG!!!!

Greg 

Kurt_Ayres

Greetings!

And thank you for sharing your creative impulse with us!  As I find myself waiting for warmer weather and a few dollars to begin my Weekender, it's great to find an occasional "enthusiasm boost," which is what your video supplied. 

Kurt Ayres
Avon, Illinois
"Arwen"

Rob Kern

Oh man, that was cool!  I picked up the Beuhler book again a few days ago and the weather is begining to break here.  I had hoped to start construction this summer but now I want to go get some plywood today!  This will be added to the Motivation file!
Great video! It represents our boats very well. I like the idea for the video challenge but I'm afraid we may have already lost!

Keith
I like the idea of a video contest! We could set a date for entry that is universally agreed to be after "the end of summer", (so for us that would be early october when the lake freezes). Don't talk about already having lost, Keith, that movie practically made itself on my mac's iMovie program. I just picked a silly song and stuck a bunch of pictures and video clips from Greg's camera on there. The only creativity was trying to time my boat's bouncing to the music in the chorus and a shot of Ryerson's Nova Scotia flag when the song said "our heritage the sea.." Other than that it took me about an hour to throw it together.

With our upcoming "epic voyage" we have the chance to make a great movie, but you guys down south are going on epic voyages all the time. We could have a movie contest and somehow have a dvd put together by christmas time with all the videos on it. I realise there are logistical problems with that idea but it would encourage people to get out there and start taking pictures!

I think the most interesting pictures, especially for people who aren't done building yet, are pictures of the whole boat under sail and pictures of what people have done with (and in) their cabin spaces.
Photos of what folks have done with their cabins spaces would be great but this site isn't geared toward what folks are doing in their cabins spaces :o