BYYB Forums

Full Version: Schooner Build, Take a gander at this!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is that what you've been doing in AZ Craig? What a great looking boat!

Keith
Your Right  8) 8) 8)
Greetings all,

One has to wonder about exactly why Craig likes this particular boat.  Could it be the sweet lines? The rounded-off counter stern? The laid teak decking? The Osage wood used in the deckhouse and hatches?  The bronze fittings? The immaculate trim?  Probably not.

It has to be the integrated beer cooler let into the deck at the front of the cockpit !!!

Yep, that's got to be it.

Did you see that Paul?  I'm sure you will be getting a call soon from Craig to alter the plans for the new boat.

Cheers,
Tom
I have to admit that I did closely study that environmentally controlled wet package hold and determined the capacity to be a bit small.  Signing Bill as 1st Mate would impart the hold with the magic properties of my big cooler so possibly the hold’s capacity issues are moot.  Now for extended off shore work or a passage from Chi to Muskegon additional reserve cargo would need to be provided.  That or mid lake refueling sorties undertaken by Tom.  Then again with minor modification using Keith’s unique talents she could be converted to a tanker.  Paul, sharpen your pencile. 8) 8) 8)
;D Big Grin :o 8)
Look I'm way ahead of this. All my designs incorporate an integrated beer cooler. This isn't something new and is a time honored tradition among designers and builders for many generations. It usually revolves around the need to have this cooler aboard while the boat is being constructed, then not having good enough reason to remove it after it's built, so why not make it look nice.

I suspect Craig's requirements will be different, possibly a beer delivery system. I'm thinking much the same as those pneumatic tubes you use at the drive up bank teller. Preloaded beer is sent from the cold plate ice box below, to the waiting hand of a busy skipper at the helm, through a pop open door, likely disguised as a binnacle.
Hum,  it is a bit more complicated but an interesting concept.  Much like an automated ammo loader yes?  This would allow for more options in ballast positioning.  The tanker version requires less complication for distribution but the cooling method now becomes a bigger challange.  Still........ 8) 8) 8)
I thought I had the beer delivery system figured out already. You folks just haven't been onboard since the modifications. Cans and bottles add a waste problem that you don't need. Now a draft beer dispenser is the only way to go. You can even have a tap in the cockpit cleverly disguised as, well, a beer tap. Trust me, and I know this to be true, if you're gonna have beer on a boat there is nothing better than a cold draft from a keg. And when someone is asking about the boat, which they always do, and they ask about what she drafts you can tell them that today she's drafting a Rye India Amber Ale. And may I add that it is mighty tasty brew. Hey you SE fleet folks might want to come by and have a drink with me soon, this brew is gonna go fast.

Keith
Thats right Kieth and I agree with you. Just think of the saftey possabilities. I mean just think, after I have been on board, you can use said keg as extra flotation, heck the keg has hand holds , the coast guard should have no problem approving it as a pfd.

Brian
Pages: 1 2 3