BYYB Forums

Full Version: Google Calendar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i spent my morning at a training for school that covered google documents and calenders which got me thinking that we could utilize these benifits for the club as well.  since they are free it fits our budget perfectly 

here is the rundown on it in brief:

first you would need a google account (which is free, and easy to setup)
i; or anyone could create a document or calendar.
the document or calender could then be shared with other users with a google account.

there is a bit more to it with regards to the permissions you give what you share and things like that but the calender is really cool.  you can create multiple calenders and have them merge into one:  so the club could have the main calender with club information; each fleet could have their own  calender; each fleet calender could then feed into the main club calender.  this feature has very little learing curve and super easy to use.

for document i was thinking about having the members list available to members only.  this would enable members to view the membership database (once it is rebuilt) which would show whatever information we would like it to show.  i was thinking at a minimum member name, city, state and phone number.  that would enable members on the road to be able to access the information from anywhere they had a computer and interment connection.

please vote on the surveys below if you would like the exec committee to implement these features.

aaron_stokes

sounds interesting. i wonder if it would encorage more plans in advance..... and i have not been able to efficiently determine where the new members reside since the site was redone.