BYYB Forums

Full Version: Jib for Sans Souci
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just measured the test poly tarp jib we used last year and have ordered a new one in "Classic Cream", kinda an off white colour in dacron.  While in Nova Scotia I trolled the shops and we picked up a nice mooring ball and shackles etc to rig it this spring, as well as some other hardware bits.  Also got some deck plates that we will use for opening air vents in the forward cabin as well as the sides near the cockpit.  This will allow air to vent through while at anchor.  we will rig bug screens for them.  I expect these will become our portholes, not pretty, but effective.
That sounds great Ryerson, we'll have to get over to check out your new stuff. I'm planning to start sanding and refinishing the sticks from Ginny Rae. I'll likely start with the mast.

Keenan is still collecting wood for his Pocket Cruiser, not sure how soon we'll get going on that project. We will call if, and when help is needed.

Greg
Call even if help isn't needed Greg.  I also plan to refinish the yard and boom, mast is fine for another year.  I have to wait until warmer weather as no heat in the garage.
With the temperature a chilly -41 this morning, my propane furnace in the boatshed (garage) can't keep up yet. I ran it all weekend, and couldn't get more than 5 celcius in there This deep freeze can taper off any time for me.

Greg
yeah, I'm with you but we both know that isn't going to happen anytime soon :-)
Here is a live webcam looking at Old Town and the Bay where we sail in "soft" water.  Right now you may see a car drive on our sailing bay:  http://216.108.22.146:8848/  The camera is partly obscured by snow on the window, but our bay is to the left of the screen.
Nice camera.

This is the only other active webcam that I know of related to Weekenders ...

http://www.floatingbear.ca/

... also in Canada .. Ontario if I remember correctly.

Cheers,
Tom