BYYB Forums

Full Version: Barnacle Jim has been heard from!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a long talk with Jim yesterday and he has been in some bad shape health wise; thus his absence from the board for the last two years almost.

Also during our conversation he told me that Mr. Vern had passed away recently.  for those of you who remember he was at the time the oldest person to build a weekender.  if i recall he was in his late 80s when he built the boat.  Jim and Mr. Vern are also one of the few who have been able to turn it turtle.

we also discussed the Gaff Rig and he said that he was interested in getting back to work on it in a few months when he can devote time to it.
Thanks for the update Bill, sad to hear about Mr. Vern,  he was an inspiration to me. I hope I can be around to sail in my senior years, and even do some boat building.

I hope that Barnacle Jim is on the mend, and able to get back to his project. I'm looking forward to hearing about Jim's progress on his floating piano, I mean Vacationer. 

Greg
Good to hear that Barnacle is still out there! I was really beginning to wonder about him.

Mr Vern will be missed by all:

[Image: 008_G.jpg]

a real sweetheart!

a.
I been wondering about him.  Glad he's still around.  Too bad about Mr Vern.  He was a very good friend to Jim.
Thanks for the picture Adla.  I was there.  What a great guy.  Glad Jim is on the mend also.  Thanks for the update Bill.