BYYB Forums

Full Version: Photo from ocean near inlet for St Agustine, FL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

DavidGale

Hi folks,

Been a while since I was here. It's winter time now so the hobie cat has been put away till the water warms up and we've been sailing in the weekender every weeked for several months now.

This past Saturday, we were fishing in the ocean off of St Augustine. We didn't even get a bite.. the fishing was very very poor. But I did get a pretty cool photo which I wanted to share.

The photo is of the Freedom. Judging by the deck's long bench seating down each side, I assume it's a tourist boat. They came out into the ocean, turned off their engines and just kinda drifted because there wasn't enough wind to move it very far. Then they fired up the engines again and headed back into the inlet and into the bay. Then the wind picked up and they came back out but by then we were sailing back to the boat ramp.

Hope you're not too cold up there where it snows.

You know if it was a tourist boat they probably took more pictures of your boat than you did of theirs. Nice shot!
That's great!

a.
That's incredible!

There is just something about a schooner that calls to me.

Hope you have many more fun days in your boat.