BYYB Forums

Full Version: Happy New Year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All the best for my TRue North mates while we wait for the water to turn soft. 
Happy New Year

To you and your lovely wife, As for the water to turn soft we have a long way to go.

Minus 41 today Brrrrrrrrrr.  :o

Happy New to everyone

From Denis , Min and the kids.
Happy New Year to you northern nuts! -41! That's just crazy, there's less than 30 minutes left of the old year and its freezing outside at +31F in Atlanta. Yesterday the low was 47 and it was about 65 during the day. Here's hoping the water gets soft sooner than later. Cheers folks

Keith
Greetings Denis,

Minus 41?  Was that -41C, or -41F ?  Oh wait, never mind, they are the same ... [Image: cold2.gif]

We have hard water down here in the States.  In Chicagoland, we get our water from Lake Michigan and the water is about 8 points hard.  I have a Rain-So-Soft brand water softener that takes care of that problem nicely.
Big Grin

Hey, as long as it is that cold outside, how about running outside with the video camera and taping that "throwing the boiling cup of water into the air and watching it freeze before it hits the ground" thing?  Some of these other scaliwags have never seen "instant" hard water.  I'd do it myself, but it has recently warmed up to a rather balmy +20F, and I am thinking about going out for a training ride on the bicycle for 40 or 50 clicks.  Got to start the new year off right!

Happy New Year!

Cheers,
Tom
Well Happy new year up there, Brrrrr thats awfull cold [Image: shivering.gif]
The wife and I had a campfire in our firepit last night. It was freezing, I think it was like 30 or so but I had puhlenty of hoegaarden to keep me warm, or numb however ya look at it lol.
So Y'all get right up there, keep whats supposed to be hard hard and whats supposed to be soft soft and then you will be like us southerners.
Happy wives and year round sailing, Yarrrgh its great to be alive!
[move]HAPPY NEW YEAR!!![/move]

Brian.
A nice -41C, damn!  I'm stuck in a blizzard in Nova Scotia.  I hate the snow, can't wait to get back in the arctic.  I did roam the boat shops here and have some new boatie toys, even a few shiny things for Keith.
Well done Ryerson and Annie, I look forward to seeing the treats you picked up at the boat shop. It was a high of -39 today, our boating bay has an ice road to Detah on in now.  The road to the mines is coming along well. Keenan got his Pocket Cruiser plans, we hope to start working on it maybe next month. We'll try to have our burgee design party later in Jan, when we are all in town.

Greg
Look forward to it all greg, we are home tomorrow.  If Keenan gets a start on the PC, I may just have a few shiny things for him as well :-)