BYYB Forums

Full Version: Anyone attending Cedar Keys, Florida 120, or BEER
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kinda curious who I might see! 

Cedar Keys messabout is the first week of May in Cedar Keys, FL.  Great collection of folks though an emphasis on car-toppable boats.  Great sailing ground and a lot of nice people to visit with. 

Florida 120 is in the Pensacola area May 14-17th and is a fun raid type event with group beach camping each night.

BEER cruise is also in the Pensacola area in June 4 to the 9th and is a long standing cruise but with shorter legs than the Florida 120 and sleeping at anchor in towns for 2 nights and one night beach camping.  Only have to prepare lunch with the exception of one night and one morning for the non-cooks out there.  There is a rumor of some dust devils swooping in from Arizona on a clorox bottle.

I will be attending Florida 120 for sure, BEER most likely, and probably won't make Cedar Keys.
Yes Scott  I haven't desided which ones or how many. Most prodably B.E.E.R I loved that trip even with my first mate Mad Dog, Maybe the 120 but not 38 mi. as the crow flies a day for two days running that is 40 or 50 mi. for me more than likely 11 or 12 hours a day for two days running. I have had enough challenge in my life. I may just make a couple of legs and let you and the rest of the John Wayne family suffer  without me. My Idea of a sail is no more than 5 or 6 hours stop, tell large tails maybe even have a drink eat tell more large tails and take a nap. Bud ;D
Maybe if you would get Mad Dog to let the sheet out a bit you would have gotten to Navarre a little sooner!  Anyway, trying to go 38 miles isn't going to be for everyone and I think we have only a 50-60% chance of doing it anyway depending on the weather.  If the winds aren't cooperating, like they weren't for that leg of the BEER cruise, we will probably wind up stopping at Navarre.  Good thing about the Florida 120 vs. BEER is the cooler time of the year. 

Anyway, I am looking forward to both.  I will be going by myself for the Florida 120 in Little Gem and with the family in the Mac 26D for the BEER cruise.  Ironically, the BEER cruise is probably better for families given they are out of school then, shorter legs, and towns with interesting stuff to stop at.

aaron_stokes

i am too broke to commit to anything but if i have the currency, i will go.
Scott
I am hoping to try the Florida 120 don't know about beer.
BEER probably/hopefully, it depends on if the clorox bottle is sea worthy by then or not.  if it is then YES, Adla is eyeing it as well along with Craig and Aaron.
I am feeling a lot stronger about the family and I being there for the BEER cruise in our Clorox bottle.  They really had fun during the last cruise and, for a family of four, it was a relatively inexpensive vacation.  We will only be able to be there from Friday to Tuesday.

Darick_Anderson

Sounds like fun you lucky dawgs!!!! take lots of pics ;D