BYYB Forums

Full Version: Red Betty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, do you guys remember that red headed fellow from FL who was all into fishing and raised rabbits in his house trailer. He was going great guns on his boat s/v Red Betty until he got to running low on funds.....

I am sure he is probably finished now and it would be fun to invite him to Indian Pass. He seemed pretty entertaining and I would like to meet him.

If anybody remembers his name or handle how about posting it and let's see if we can track him down. Anybody else in FL or LA (lower Alabama) area that we need to track down.
This is his web page - he hasn't updated it for a while though http://openverse.org/Fishing/

It looks like he's somewhere in Florida.
His handle was Mr Cruise, I believe he was from around centre east coast area Daytona Beach, Ormond rings a bell. It was fun to read about his progress. His parrot's antics were somthing else, especially the screw gun imitation story. I seem to remember he got some what miffed at some comments made about his boat construction. That probably turned him off the website Sad . I'd like to here from him again, hope he reads this post. Big Grin
So I sent him an invetation to join us. We'll see what happens now.
Craig: How about Big Hill Will I think he lives in lower Miss. some place but I haven't seen him post but once since the storm. He may have got a lot of damage don't know. Joe from Cat boats board is in L.A. was wanting some one to sail slow with he can sail with me, I'll show him slow and how it works. I don't have to worry about sailing slow,if I can get 50 yards away from the dock with everything up and working I'm already where I want to be. :wink: Bud.
I think there are a lot of the guys from west of here that got hit hard, real hard. My suspicion is we will not hear from them for a while. I doubt Saralee is coming that weekend so I will also have room for a Mate or AB to help drink the ballast. Come one, come all.
Angie, I have been trading e-mails with Mr Cruise. He reports that except for paint his boat is done. He has a conversion Van and is now thinking about joining us at Indian Pass. All he needed was inspiration I guess.
Good deal, the more the merrier! I am thinking of stopping in Arkansas and looking for diamonds one day. I will be headed to New Orleans from Springfield and thought that would be fun for an afternoon and a good spot to camp for the night.

As Mel Fisher said each day "Today is the day!"

http://www.arkansas.com/things-to-do/diamond-hunting/