BYYB Forums

Full Version: Check this guys boat out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This boat was built by Porter Harvey, we met him last June at our sailstice event on Lake Hartwell and he brought his boat along with him. It's a Glen-L Sweet Caroline that he modified to fit an air cooled Wisconsin engine into. He did some amazing engineering to build her and here he describes some of what he did. This video was made at the Glen-L gathering back in October I think some of you will enjoy it

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=...5776011017

Keith

aaron_stokes

that is so out of controll! the guy cant even read! what an amazing boat. an inspiration to be sure.
really sweet! What a smart guy! - reading is for geeks!

a.

aaron_stokes

so is spelling 8) ;D
I have met Porter and talked to him at leingth, this guy ain't no dummy. I know he said he couldn't read but that not what I think he ment. I think he ment the photoes and drawings helped him understand more than the reading. His boat is really nice and has many hours of good work in it. Porter is a very interesting guy and will talk as long as you want. His moter tranmission set up is all self designed and works quite well. Bud