BYYB Forums

Full Version: hkhbbr = UK Home Built Boat Rally
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Greetings all,

I was surfing the web again and tripped across UK HBBR, or the United Kingdom's Home Built Boat Rally website.  The Brit's often go coastal cruising (raiding) in open longboats from one river mouth to the next, so I was expecting to see a bunch of boats that the Vikings would find familiar.  Imaging my surprise when I spied the "Grey Goose", which looks to be a Stevenson Weekender built across the pond.

I liked this photo the best, a wee bonnie boat in the highlands ...

[attachment=1]

More photos are available at ...

http://ukhbbr.wordpress.com/past-events/...ally-2007/

Enjoy,
Tom Bayus
Greetings all,

And from the same page just a little farther down is a photo of that inclination test I was interested in a while back ...

[attachment=1]

My guess is they are making a quick adjustment to the main halyard, and this was the easiest way to do it.

Cheers,
Tom

aaron_stokes

that does it! i'm moving to england! sooo much more butiful than the million achre cat box i live in!
the keel looks a lot thinner than the stock weekender. But GreyGoose sure is purdy! I have got to get my jib on a roller....

a.

maybe it was just the angle of the other shot -

[Image: greygoose-2.jpg]

rolandblais

(12-07-2008, 06:49 PM)Adla link Wrote: [ -> ]I have got to get my jib on a roller....

This may interest you:

[Image: index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1017.0;attach=375;image]

Thread here, and here.

Peace,
Roland
Greetings all,

Has anybody else put a real figurehead on their Weekender?

[Image: greygoose-figurehead.jpg]

Cheers,
Tom
I did but I don't have a picture I can show you.  Maybe Adla does. :-[
when i get a free minute this winter break I am going to put all my pictures on a DVD for the whole fleet...

[Image: P8200169.sized.jpg]

here you are Steve!

aaron_stokes

i like steves better. but the goose is cool.

i am thinking about carving a fist onto the front of the red arron's bow sprit.
thanks for posting the furler set up Roland - that is next on my list....and jiffy reefing. I just have a paper to finish and 30 more to grade....... :o ;D

a.

Pages: 1 2