BYYB Forums

Full Version: progress on the Clorox Bottle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Paint:
This Saturday the inside of the boat got mostly painted; i thought one quart would do but then that ran out and then the second one ran out... i didn't have the nerve to go back to West Marine for a 3rd time in one day.  the paint is the Interlux Brightsides white and at $40 a quart retail (i didn't pay retail Smile )probably rediculous to be putting on the inside of a 45 year old boat. 

Propulsion:
i found a 10 year old Mercury long shaft 7.5hp on Craigslist that i am trying to get and will know by Wednesday night if it is mine or not.

Parts:
the majority of the parts have been repaired, sanded or replaced and we are now in the process of putting boiled linseed oil on all of it, also i got 4 stancions and brackets along with a motor mount, now i need to see about getting the bow pulpit replaced.  all of the brass/bronze has been cleaned up and hit with some staybright laquer and is ready to be reinstalled after the painting is done.

after these are taken care of all that is left is to redo the rigging and see if the tub floats.  i might be able to meet my January relaunch date; but definatly before March let alone June.

aaron_stokes

great news bill. sounds like your screemin! i can't wait to see the final product
Photographs!  We want pictures!
That's exciting Bill.  Can't wait to see it sometime.  What do you hear from old Barnacle Jim?  We need to hear more from him and his progress.
okay, you asked for them; you got them:

before:

[Image: normal_Bill_s_oceangoing_yacht021.jpg]

after:

[Image: normal_HPIM0455.jpg]
i discovered that i have an older (1971) johnson 6hp kicker that had been hidden away in the archives of the garage last night when i went to add a new addition to the old outboard collection.  it is a short shaft with an external tank neither of which i am happy about but if it works great, if not then i will sell it and get what i need but i may as well test it first; that will keep the minister of finance happy if it works.

aaron_stokes

wise choice..... i used to have motors coming out of my ears.....
i have not had a headache for a while....
Does that boat have a well for the outboard or does it hang off the back on a bracket? My brother has a boat that looks just like yours, it's a kittiwake 23. His has the well and a shortshaft is all it needs.

Keith
no well, the motor mount was partially installed the other day; now i need to make a backerboard for it.
What a nice looking boat Bill shes coming along great. wil she be ready for the beer?

Brian
Pages: 1 2