BYYB Forums

Full Version: thanks giving contest!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

aaron_stokes

ok, i had a great idea. i admit it is a little odd but it is free fun..... minus the cost of food. have i got your curiosity yet?

lets have a contest over the holliday. i am going to measure my weight the day before and the day after. if any of you accept the challenge, you do the same and we compare the weight difference after the holliday. no one has to admit any totals, just the difference from before and after. is anyone interested? perhaps i need to think up a prize for the one who packs away the most over the holliday. Big Grin

we always punnish our bodies during the winter! i say we should have fun doing it!

[move]happy thanx giving!!!!!!!!!!!!![/move]
What do I win if I loose weight?

Seriously, the forecast for Turkey-day in Chicago is to warm back up to 39[sup]o[/sup]F, sunny, 8 mph winds WNW.  So Vince and the local racing boys from Village Cycle Sport have organized a bicycle ride for Thanksgiving Day morning.  If we get in 60+ miles at 21 mph or better, we’ll burn upwards of 5,500 Kcalories and actually loose 1 to 2 pounds (3,500 Kcalories = 1 lb).  I’ve lost 30 lbs since last February, and I don’t have to worry about what I eat anymore.  I’ve even won a few bike races along the way (this is why the boat isn’t finished yet … too much training, not enough boat building), but now I have some bling to show for the effort.

We actually won this team criterium ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7mL2psCUPY

I can't imagine eating 7,000 Kcalories of Turkey, stuffing, yams, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie, which is about what it would take to even break even for the whole 24 hours.  Seconds anyone?

Make sure you weigh yourself at the same time each day.  First thing in the morning as you get out of bed is a good time for a weigh-in.

Cheers,
Tom

aaron_stokes

i haven't given it much thought. loosing weight? hmmm. seems kinda obsene depending on how you look at it.... please do participate though. i would love to see how we all fare over turky day. this would satisfy my curiosity anyway.

guys like you make me look bad in front of the ladys. ;D