BYYB Forums

Full Version: Hey! Post some pictures!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fun! This new format forum makes it easier to post pictures (I think)
I'm going to try it out. Here's my current favorite.
[attachment=1]

Rats!! Why is it so small?
(11-14-2008, 10:08 PM)Keith Shergold link Wrote: [ -> ]Fun! This new format forum makes it easier to post pictures (I think)
I'm going to try it out. Here's my current favorite.
[attachment=1]

Rats!! Why is it so small?

If you click on the picture, it gets larger
Those days will soon be back Keith.
Thats a great shot! This new software does make it easier to post pictures and I hope we'll see more photos from our members. Here's a shot I took after climbing 200 feet up the ratlines of the Avany. What an opportunity that was.

[Image: DSCN2542.jpg]
Heres another shot of the Avany this time under sail. It's a photo of a photo that they had onboard the ship. The boat is 152 feet on deck. The lubbers deck on the center mast, where I was, is 200 feet high. My brother and I went to take a look at this ship that was docked close to his house and we were invited aboard by a 12 year old boy who lived on her. He gave us a tour and I kept looking up thinking how great it would be to climb the rigging. So I asked him just before we were about to leave about climbing up. I was thinking not a chance he'd allow me to go aloft. When he told me to climb on up I was very surprised and was thinking Oh crap now I have to do it. I thought to myself I may never get this opportunity again so up I went with my camera around my neck. It became a long way down really fast as I was climbing, even though I was climbing very slowly. When I got to the bottom of the lubbers deck, it's called a lubbers deck because it's the highest deck where the land lubbers could go to see land before it dips below the horizon. Anyhow when I got to the top of the ratlines just below the lubbers deck there's not a lot left to climb on, The deck has stainless support brackets that go from the edge of the deck and angle back to the mast. In order to get to the hole in the deck to climb onto it you have to hold onto the brackets and whatever else you can grab and then swing your legs free of all other things and pull yourself up and around the rods. Basically I had to do pull ups with 200 feet of air between me and something hard. It was worth it though and I'll do it again if I ever get the chance.

[Image: ship.jpg]

Keith
Wow. Imagine having to do that several times per watch in filthy violent weather to do battle with frozen canvas.

The dock has seen better days, eh? Looks like some of the docks I have to use in the arctic at work, and we feel lucky that there still IS a dock most of the time.

How come your pictures are so big? I can't get mine to show up any bigger than a stamp.

Keith, I tried to E-mail you some pictures per your calendar request.