BYYB Forums

Full Version: New compainionway doors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
While I was at The Gathering with the Glen-L folks the weather started getting rough, my tiny ship was tossed, and I spent a lot of time inside the cabin of my boat Friday listening to tunes, reading, drinking various beverages ??? and eating junk food. Every now and then a boat would motor by and I'd look out my portholes to try to get a look at the fool (bass fisherman) that was out on the water. After seeing what limited visibility I had looking out of my portholes I thought how great it would be to have smoked plexi drop boards in my companionway. Well I dug through the plexi scrap bin at work and found a half sheet of 1/2" smoked plexi just waiting to find a home. I brought in my original drop boards to use as a template and now I will be able to see out of the cabin next time I get rained in. The light that it will add will also be a big plus.
I also took in a photo file to the graphics department and asked them if they could print it up for me. They took the picture and edited it look like a watercolor and printed it onto a canvas type paper. It's 19x25 and will look nice over my fireplace after I frame it. My boat scored big at work today. Here's the picture they did for me, this was before they edited it. Hey Brian if you look close you can see the lantern hanging from the boom, it makes a great cockpit light at night!

[Image: DSCN3084.jpg]

Keith
Nice Keith, she is shinning nice.

That extra room down below, makes a nice break area. Stove, bed and the cooler  :Smile

But not for me, green with envey here, with my one foot of snow packed around my boats.

Thanks for sharing.
I see it mate looks great I kinda like the idea of the plexi not to bad made i think ya may be on to somthing.

Brian.
Captain you must have shifted positions.  What kind of cabinet shop has a "graphics department"..... ei-ya-ya!  Do tell!
Hi Angie, it's good to hear from you. Yes I did switch jobs, I'm building museum exhibits again. It's a lot more fun, I thought we were going to build one up your way but we got outbid. They are looking at another up there though a sailing museum, I hope we get it. Sorry about Fat Chance, my son wanted her but he doesn't have a way to get up there to pick her up. I hope you can find a new owner who will enjoy her as you did. Give me a call sometime, I try to get you but your hard to reach. And yes the Whippoorwill is serving draft beer ;D Its one of my proudest additions to the boat. Come on out and have a drink won't you, Here's a shot Scott took of me pouring up a frosty plastic cup full.

[Image: IMGP0755.jpg]

Keith
The refreshment service on my boat is a bit more basic.
[attachment=1]
Basic perhaps but you do have a bottle of Pussers....OK an empty bottle of Pussers. Why is the rum always gone?

Keith
It's a bizarre sort of leak my boat has, I haven't been able to fix it. The hull seems basically watertight but somehow the rum always leaks out... ???
Nice looking boat!  I thought about putting smoked plexi into Sans Souci, but up here where the sun doesn't set much in summer, the dark is a welcome for sleeping.
that looks like a comfy cabin --

Too bad it doesn't stay light down here like it does in the north! It was dark by 4:30 today - that is just silly.

a.
Pages: 1 2