BYYB Forums

Full Version: Let's make plans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok folks it's getting cooler and a lot of boats have been put away for winter storage and others have a long winter ahead of them for building. Myself I'm still planning to go sailing in Dixie a time or two before calling it too cold. Now with the sailing season coming to an end I think it's time we made some plans to go sailing again when the weather is better.
For quite some time we have been talking about doing a Mega Messabout but the plans never get past the postings on the forums. I think this year we should all get together and do it. I know it would be almost impossible for everyone to meet at the same place with the prices of fuel and air travel these days so I propose that either each fleet has a messabout on the same weekend or maybe even combine some of the fleets if the members can work it out. The SE and SW fleets have the largest memberships so I think we should start with them. Maybe some of the Chessie folks can make it down south again (Karl, Angie) and maybe some of the folks in CA can make it to some SW lake that would be a good spot to sail.

Lets get the fleet commodores together and set dates places and activities and make plans. If we all work together to make this happen we can make it big. We could try to post it in sailing magazines and  get new people involved as well. 
We have time to make big plans if we start now.

Keith
That is all well and good but when you are behind Brian on the building schedule ya got a problem.  This is a great idea Keith.

aaron_stokes

the more central the better i say. i really wanted to go to the beer cruise this year but it was just too much on the pocket book for gas. i say, if a mega messabout with comined fleets is planned, the worst that can happen is that only a few boats will show up..... a success by the sw fleets standards. i would do all in my power to make it. where ever you plan it.