BYYB Forums

Full Version: 09 BEER Cruise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok Bill, now that I have sold the boat what are we going to do for BEER this year?  Same as last, don't go?  It is scheduled for 5-9 June withthe same itinerary as last year.  The web site will be up soon.  I might be going up to see the old folks about then.  Too soon to tell.    ??? ???
Bill is almost done painting his new plastic boat. He calls me to gloat about it all the time! I can't believe I missed beer too. I want to make it this year and take Morgaine. That doesn't leave room for much in the way of crew...but still if Bill can get his sailboat done, you guys should take that. I wonder what it would be like to tow a full keel'd boat across country  :Smile

a.
Man, June 5th doesn't leave me much time to get the tub over there.  May 21 is my last day teaching so i would have to see how long the drive would be and what the cost of fuel is before i can even ask for the bosses permission.  it might be cheaper to get a boat mover and fly.

if you want to think about it let me know.  oh yea, there is also the part of having the boat ready by then  :-\
Three days is the answeer and then there is the little item of finishng the boat.  Stepping that mast once there is a whole nother problem, not even mentioning time for a shakedown and sea trials.....
they have a crane there that they can step it with but i hope to have an easier way to do it single handed installed by then.  the sea trials will happen here at lake plesent to get most of the bugs worked out before taking the thing across country but there is always something that comes up at the last minute; usually during the shakedown cruise.  if it is there a day or two prior to the event then we should be able to get that all worked out.

BUT we are getting ahead of ourselves here; lets see what condition the boat is in around Febuary and assess the likleyhood of it being done by the end of May.  there is still a TON of work to be done on the boat let alone the trailer ;0

aaron_stokes

sounds like we are having a planning meeting for the south west fleet here. perhaps they should move the cruise to tx! closer to us of course. Wink

it sure would be cool if i could have the vacationer done by then. i am poor now but you can't keep a good dog down! i might make the trip.

just in case i don't get mine done, save me a spot will ya bill? i will bring the peanuts. 8)
Bill you know I still have the big tow vehicle.  Boat, freight train what the hell.  It's the timing.
I am doing another cruise in the Pensacola area that might interest you.  It is the Florida 120 and features longer sailing distances and more beach-camping spots at night (as opposed to town stops).  I will post information on it in another thread if you are interested.
BTW, you could do the Texas 200 which is a bit closer to you.  It is in June as well http://www.texas200.com/phpBB2/index.php
Craig, i have notified then cruise officials and they have added our name to the list so i guess we are committed now  Smile

i spent the weekend cutting and fitting new 1/2" plywood to fit over the old plywood on the aft side of the bulkhead.  it needs sanded and finished before i install it but coming along.  after those are in then i will finish up reattaching all the hardware.  still need to work some more on the interior and get the electrical put in but then i am on to the rigging.  i should be able to have it in the water by March so the trailer can get repaired by end of May
Pages: 1 2