BYYB Forums

Full Version: boat shed anyone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

aaron_stokes

i for one, need something to look forward to. i suspect i am not alone. i would like to organize a boat shed but am short an enclosed work space. i have no garrage. i have a killer space heater though and if someone in north or centrall utah is willing to offer space, i will bring the heater and some pizza money??? who has a project they would like to finish? lets get a dialogue going and try to shake this blah that seems to be vexing all of us.

phill? derik? who wants some extra help this winter?

lets have some fun.
Brian Walters could use some help, comon' out and lend him a hand. He's been working way too long on his boat not to have it sailing yet. Every year it's the same thing when we get together, "I'll have my boat ready for the next years messabout". Still waiting Brain. Now I know you folks out west are used to driving a long way to get together, whats a few more tanks of gas to drive to SC and help out the Commodore.
PS don't forget to bring lots of beer

Keith

aaron_stokes

sounds great to me, seeing as i am a jobless hobo right now, i have lots o time to donate to a good cause. if you guys in the east can put togeather a collection for gas and beverages, i will be down there with bells!

thanks for responding anyway. i was beginning to think i was being shunned. Tongue
Hey Aaron, a boatshed would be nice but you don't want to spend the kind of gas money it would take to come down here. I'm a jobless hobo also and I can't seen to get enthused about fixing my boat. I'm just bumfuzzled I guess. Bummed about the election, too many other things to do and it's getting too cold outside to do much of anything. Maybe by Spring I'll work up some enthusiasm.
Actually I was bummed after selling the boat but building a treasure chest toy box for the Grandson has perked me right up. I find I am not happy unless I am creating something. Go figure..... 8) 8)
I can't post anywhere but here....so, I thought I would chime in. I would very much like to go sailing soon. Aaron if you get bored come to vegas and sail. It is cold but so what. Morgaine is finally ready to sail at the drop of a hat....after YEARS of fighting the keel.

a.

aaron_stokes

steve-- looks like you are only 300 miles away...... if i am not pulling a boat, i could make the trip on less than two tanks of gas. hmmmm.... if no one up here is able to offer a dry work space, i think i would be willing to travel. that is, if i can get a stinking job. ;D i think i may be closing in on one or two.

adla, what is your deffinition of cold? it is 50 degrees up here right now and i am not complaining. i can't emagine that your weather system would scare me away from a good sail. perhaps if we slammed out steves project and then ajourned to mead from there?? i think my biggest issue would be that i winterized my boat and am not going to set it up again until next year. of course, i am willing to swab someone els's deck if i can hitch a ride.....

hey steve, if you had a day or two of help, would it be enough time to repair your problem areas? several hands can to a plethera of sanding in short order. i have a gallon of fast epoxy if needed. i wonder how long it would take for it to be sandable down there in your climate.

what about you other swabs up here in the great white north? you guys have any repairs we can play with this winter?? and more importantly, dry space to offer? remember, i have a big space heater

Aaron - if you are itching for a project you can always come here and help me get Morgaine's portholes fixed...and we could sail. Lake Mead is probably 50ish degrees in the day...it is sunny here but not quite warm. But I have sailed in February before (the coldest part of the year) and it is really not that bad. The winds are calmer in Summer and Winter....

a.

aaron_stokes

it is a rotten time to be penneyless with the gas prices dropping so much. the station down the street is advratising 2.22 today! who knew i would one day think that would be a good price?!

i have a good feeling like something is going to turn up soon. i can't stay poor forever. do you have a heater on your pool? i think a winter cruise/pool dip would be novel. i am dying to get out of this economical poop we have all been wollowing in. it just can't last much longer.

tentitavely, it looks like i will be headed quite a ways south this winter if no one up north speaks up. fine with me though. i would like to get away from the cold for a while. i don't mind working on the black falcon, morgain or both.

darek??

hey shane, when are we going to start your boat? Wink
if you are really anxious to get out of Utah you can come work on the clorox bottle; especially if you are planning on hitching a ride at BEER 09  Smile

there is plenty to do on it.
Pages: 1 2