BYYB Forums

Full Version: Pictures, portable shelter, "JuneloveIII"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all skipers and crews. Well, once again, I have not been able to figure out how to post pict to the Southwest site. That said I do know how to put them into the Photo Album... There are three (3) pics there. Hope all is well with everyone despite the problems of the economy. Britt, sorry to read that you must sell your boat, life does go on tho. Maybe another one after a while. Take care all

aaron_stokes

verry cool idea. i tried a covered wagon idea but that did not work out well. i did not spend much time on it though so it could still be workable. i hate covering with poly tarp though so i have not really gone after the idea too seriously. i like your idea better. what will it be like taking it off at the end of the cold season. if i had an income i would buy a couple of tanks of gas and drive out there and see what you built in person!

do you think you will be able to make the messabouts next year?

[Image: normal_2008_fall_pictures_054.jpg%5Bimg%5D]http://byyb.org/cpg143/albums/userpics/1...es_032.jpg[img]

[/img]http://byyb.org/cpg143/albums/userpics/10354/normal_2008_fall_pictures_035.jpg[img][/img]

aaron_stokes

@#$&
:evil: :evil:

i think i am going to bed now. sorry i screwed up posting your photos. it should not be this hard. i can't do anything today.

Shane Heaps

[Image: normal_2008_fall_pictures_035.jpg]

[Image: normal_2008_fall_pictures_032.jpg]

[Image: normal_2008_fall_pictures_054.jpg]
[Hi Shane, Thank you for moving my photos of the boat shelter for me. I have the information on how to do this but just can't seem to make it work. Do you own or are you building a boat? All for now, again thanks. Robertquote="Shane Heaps"][Image: normal_2008_fall_pictures_035.jpg]

[Image: normal_2008_fall_pictures_032.jpg]

[Image: normal_2008_fall_pictures_054.jpg][/quote]
OK now then, look closly at the pictures. Note the cross members attached to the trailer. They are attached under the frame of the trailer using U bolts so they can be released. After attaching them I built the side walls, 2X4X12 feet long. Melinda and I lifted them up on top of the cross members and they are attached with bolts. We then finished the remainder of the shelter. To get the boat out to go sailing all we have to do is remove the bolts attaching the walls to the cross members and then remove the Ubolts. The cross members then drop out of the way and the boat will move out. The whole shelter rests on the cross members and also for added support the cinder blocks. The shelter, as of now, is not attached to the ground in any maner. Probably will have to figure out that problem at a later date. More rain and snow on the way for Sat. and Sunday. I hope you can find some work soon, take care, Robert
Quote:verry cool idea. i tried a covered wagon idea but that did not work out well. i did not spend much time on it though so it could still be workable. i hate covering with poly tarp though so i have not really gone after the idea too seriously. i like your idea better. what will it be like taking it off at the end of the cold season. if i had an income i would buy a couple of tanks of gas and drive out there and see what you built in person!

do you think you will be able to make the messabouts next year?

[Image: normal_2008_fall_pictures_054.jpg%5Bimg%5D]http://byyb.org/cpg143/albums/userpics/1...es_032.jpg[img]

[/img]http://byyb.org/cpg143/albums/userpics/10354/normal_2008_fall_pictures_035.jpg[img][/img]
I couldn't find the pictures.... ??? are they in the BYYB picture forum thingy?

a.
they were posted on the forums, they must have vanished with the changing of the software. It's a good looking shelter. I need to build one for myself now

Keith
that is too bad. I would have liked to see the shelter. Maybe with the new forum - it will be easier for Robert to post pictures.

a.