BYYB Forums

Full Version: Trick or Treat, we are moving the site This weekend!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
BYYB is moving! On Friday night, 10/31, we will be moving our website to a new server. Posting on the forums will be suspended Friday afternoon and will resume when the move is complete.

How will you know when we are on the new server? The design of the new site is very different, so there will be no mistaking it!

Some of your bookmarks or links will be broken by the move, and you may have to log in again to the Forums and Gallery. Your current username and password should still work.

If you are still able to see this message by Sunday afternoon, please email Frank at fshagan@roadrunner.com for instructions.

This should be pretty painless. I am sure you will like the new look and function.

V/r

Craig
\o/

I hope it works right in Firefox on Windows with the new site. :-)

marcin_ciuk

Perhaps my home computer will no longer be banned, and I will be able to BYYB from home, not from work. I am sure the boss would appreciate this a lot Wink
lol hey if there are any problems you can go to messing about.com or you can even post on my forum on brisboatyard.com if you have any trouble go to either of these places so that we can help you get right.
and I would like to thank all of you for your patience.
Brian.
Marcin, send me the ISP you use at home and the log-in details you wish and we canfix this I think.
You will have driving instructions to the new address, right? Maybe MapQuest . . .
The same link should work Paul
Sorry guys ... Brandy at upd.net, the registrar, has not even responded to my request for the DNS change. I sent another email and asked her to hold off.

While she had promised she could do it "any time" since she worked out of her home, its been nearly 24 hours since I put in the request without even an acknowledgment of the request.

It takes about 4 hours to transfer the forums, so I hate to do the work and then sit around wondering if it will ever go through. I'm asking the BYYB to have the domain name transferred either to my registrar or any other that allows the owner ... the BYYB ... to log in and manage the details without waiting for someone else to do it. It is literally a 20 second process to complete!

So, until further notice, you are back to "business as usual"! Sorry for the inconvenience.

Oh, by the way, the new forums will work with Firefox, IE and Opera, and the server isn't on any of the blacklists, so you should be able to access from home or work.
It was great Practice run, when she is ready it looks as though th BYYB shall be to. Big Grin

Brian.
Let's shoot for this Friday, Nov. 7. I think we should be able to get it done within a few hours (it takes about 4 to move the forums).