BYYB Forums

Full Version: Photos from The Gathering 2008
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's a slideshow of pictures I took at Lake Guntersville AL this year at the Glen-L gathering of boatbuilders. We had a great time once again and saw some very nice boats. Almost all were powerboats, my vacationer, a small dinghy, and a Glen-L 14 were the only sailboats there. Saturday was very windy and choppy and we cruised along at 6.5 knots for a while. We then came alongside the dock and tied up for the rest of the day. I cooked up some burgers and opened up the onboard bar. We had a good crowd shortly after the rum was flowing. I got a visit from the park lawman asking about someone firing a gun or something, I think he knew it was me when he saw the cannon laying in the cabin of my boat. He said don't do it anymore because he got a bunch of calls about the gunfire. He then commented on the boat and was on his way. I'm looking forward to next years event and I hope to see more of our group there next time.
http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc18/...ng%202008/
Wow great photos keith, thank you for sharing matey
Did you all get any rain?

Brian.
Did it rain!? I had to bail about 3 inches of the stuff out of the cockpit floor on Friday. I stayed warm drunk and dry inside the cabin though. It was nice just relaxing in there with a Lats and Atts while the rain wind and waves rattled the boat. The new hatch worked out great and added a lot of light down below. My next addition will be plexi companionway boards to add even more light inside on a dreary day like Friday was. I'll have to check the scrap plex bin for something that will work. It's great working on museums again, I have access to all sorts of good leftovers like plexi, teak, marine ply and I have the graphics department printing up a 24x36 photo of my boat on canvas. It's one of the foggy pictures I took on Sunday.

Keith

walterharris

Here post some photos, heres one: Greame fine tuning his rig.....

Watch out team 470  /img

Grea.jpg
Wow Keith, those are nice.  I should have drove over and let her be mad!  NOT!!!  8) 8) 8)