BYYB Forums

Full Version: Winter Storage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all skipers and crews. It is awfully quiet on the western front, how is everyone doing. I have read about all the changes in the lives of this group. I suspect that much time is being spent at job hunting and boat repair. Such is life, but it does keep moving ahead. Grab what you have and go forward with gusto..... Winter has hit Reno, we have had one snow event here already, and the waters in the lakes (reservoir's) have been lowered to the point that all the ramps are closed. Oh there is still Tahoe but that is not my baliwick, don't like Tahoe. I have been busy creating a shelter for the "Junelove III" for the winter. Living in a mobile home community creates some inovative methods for creating a shelter for the boat. NO storage on our home sites, and therefore we must put our recreation vehicles in the storage area. That said I asked for and was granted permission to create a shelter for the boat. HOWEVER I could not create a permanent shelter,,,HMMMMM what to do. Thinking outside the box, again, I decided to build the shelter attached to the trailer. That works and was OKd by the mgmt staff. NO pictures of the shelter but it is going to work just fine. So I just wanted to touch base with this fine group of sailors and let all of you know that all is well here in Reno. Take care and enjoy the upcoming holidays.
Dear Bob,

Please keep the snow up there. Good luck with your cover, send a pic when you can. boatless in Phx... Craig 8) 8)

aaron_stokes

i am afraid i am doing more job hunting than boat work. we had our first snow in the valley two weeks ago. i winterised the boat only a day or two before that. it was a close one this time. i am doing the same thing this year that i did last year with the weekender. i won't be keeping it under cover. i pulled off the rigging and fliped it over. it weathered fairly well like that last winter. it cant fill up with ice and snow if the business end of the boat is pointed up at mother nature. :twisted:

i feel bad that i have not checked in for a while..... i will try to stay motivated and keep in touch. Sad