BYYB Forums

Full Version: New berth for Saralee (the boat )
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
She was purchased by a very nice man named Chuck yesterday and left for her new home late in the afternoon. He seemsed very pleased with his find and promised to bring her back to her former good looks. This gentelman has been dreaming a long time about these boats as he showed me a dog eared copy of the article Chris Gerkin wrote about his boat after she was finished. Saralee couldn't have found a better home. 8) 8) 8)
What's next, any boat plan catch your eye, yet?
Lots of them Mike. Time, $$, and a place to build. I am going to keep it small and simple till I get back to Fla. I am looking at sailing dinks for now. Paul and I are working up a new Friendship for the next real boat.
Craig- Sail the dinks for now. When you get back to Florida invest in a plastic boat maybe a Catalina 22 or a Potter 19 for the two or three years you are building a new Friendship. Most of the time you can get most of your investment back when you get ready to sail & sale. Just some food for thought. Lets see in two or three years you will be 94 or 95 wan't you? Just a couple of years younger than me Bud :wink:
Okay, now, I'm feeling like a puppy. :lol:
Ah, at last, a happy ending. This whole story was going the route of Old Yeller … a boy and his dog … a man and his boat … and quite frankly was getting a little depressing. Well, at least you didn’t have to shoot her. Time for a new puppy, … I mean boat. What will you name her? Saralee II? Souvenir Saralee? Amite` Saralee? Sans Saralee? Naming a boat is a tricky thing.

Cheers,
Tom
That would be about right Bud but I will only admit to 85. I might have to work that long. We have had W for 8 years, yes I voted for him cause his Mom said he was a nice boy, and now we get to choose between an old man and a kid! Course he's your kid Tom! 8) And I guess McCain isn't that old yet. 8) 8)

I remember Old Yeller, one of the first talkies as I recall. Showed it on the side on the feed mill up to Walkerville in 16mm if memory serves.

A glass boat is the most likely plan Bud while I build. Looking at dinks now to play out here, course that quickly runs to catboats, larger and larger catboats. :roll:

My brother in Chicago just bought a Silverton 34 Convertable. I figure with my airline miles I could summer with him and drink his whiskey and winter with Keith and drink his beer. That way I don't need a boat and the drinks are all free. If I needed to sail Tom is right there in Chi and I could suck up his hooch. Now all I need to do is find someone as fat as me to bum clothes from. Saree gets her garage back too!!!

Life is sweet Mike, you need to come down!!
I know I guy in Chicago who has an H-28 clone. It's one of the plastic LF Herreshoff knock offs, that came out of the far east in the 60's, but it's a fine sailor and in reasonable shape. It doesn't have standing headroom, nor a lot of beam, but I'm assuming you sit down to eat and lie down to sleep like the rest of us (I could be wrong). It's for sale (isn't everything) if you want, I can supply his number.
I remember "Old Yeller", had the soundtrack on a yellow 78 RPM!
'Course that movie wasn't bad enough for kids, they had to go and make "Where the Red Fern Grows". Cry
Thank God for MaryAnn's coconut cream pie... :roll:

capnpablo
Greetings Craig,

Please accept my deepest apologies for inflicting Mr Obama on the rest of the country. Unfortunately, I am one of a handful of conservatives who live in C®ook County, Illinois, and there was absolutely nothing we could do to stop him. So he’s not my kid.

Seriously folks, anytime anybody from either party in the Chicagoland area shows up on the National stage, vote for the OTHER guy, no matter who he is. The normal career path for a politician in Chicago is … community organizer, alderman, state representative, state senator, governor, and then JAIL. Sometimes, they go … community organizer, alderman, state representative, state senator, US congressman, and then JAIL. Either way, JAIL is the ultimate destination for all politicians from Chicago.

Otto Kerner and Dan Walker both went to jail. Our last governor, Republican George Ryan, is now rotting in a federal penitentiary. Our current governor, Democrat Rod Blagojevic will soon be indicted on corruption for requiring campaign contributions to get state business. The financier of this operation is one Tony Rezko, already convicted and awaiting sentencing. Tony helped finance Obama’s campaigns and helped Obama buy his house when he couldn’t afford it on his own. Hmmm. So three of the last seven govenors actually went to jail, another beat the rap, and Blago will be next. Nice. And then there have been the minor players like Dan Rostenkowski.

The joke around here is … How many Illinois politicians can a federal penitentiary hold?
Make up your own punch line.

I do have to hand it to Obama, as he has short circuited the career process. His career path has been community organizer, state senator, US Senat0r. But, when Tony finishes singing, Barry’s next residence will likely be jail.

I grew up in the Washington DC area, so our local news every night was really the world news and the inner workings of Congress. I got to see Richard Nixon, Jimmy Carter, and Ronald Reagan, and the cast of characters in Congress up close every night on the 10:00 news. Then I moved to Chicagoland and got to see how the game is really played. Washington is the minor leagues, rank amateurs.

Most people outside of Illinois don’t realize that Chicago is a fiefdom. The normal procedure for passing an elected office from father to son is to get your offspring hired by your political cronies so they are already in some political office. Then, when it is time to retire, you simply wait until after the deadline has passed for anybody else to get on the next ballot before announcing the retirement. The “Party” then has to appoint a successor because it is too late to run a real election. This just happened with the Crook county board president when Tod Strodger replaced his father for the office in Illinois with the largest discretionary budget. State senator Emil Jones is doing the same to get his son appointed to his senate seat. The Chicago political Machine is alive and well.

Barry Obama got himself elected as a state senator by basically knocking the opposition off the ballot by successfully challenging their election petitions. He was the last man standing. Then Barry got himself elected to the US Senate without any real opposition. The republican candidate Jack Ryan (no relation to George Ryan) folded a few months before the election leaving the republican party to try to field a carpet bagger named Alan Keys. What a disaster. So Barry won twice by default. But I digress.

In short, Barry Obama by definition is a crook, because he is a product of the Chicago Political Machine. But maybe the message is finally getting out. Anybody watch the news over the weekend about Acorn and the voter fraud going on Nevada, Indiana, and Ohio? Barry used to be a community organizer working for Acorn. His campaign has sent Acorn $800,000 this year to help them “register” voters. Hmmm.

So let me repeat one last time. Anytime ANYBODY from EITHER party in Illinois runs for a national office, you must vote for the OTHER guy. Period. No exceptions.

You’ve been warned.

This has been a public service announcement.

Cheers,
Tom
Pages: 1 2