BYYB Forums

Full Version: Polar Dip Out For the Winter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I held up as long as I could for one last sail before putting her away. Unfortunately crapy weather, a move and being a single dad while mom is gone on training it just was not any time Cry

A friend and I went today ( weather was great bitter sweet ) towed it to the boat ramp and within an hour the season was over. Sad

Now it's time think about cleaning up and tweaking the boat and finally put the finishing touch that was left out for a hasty launch.

Cheers comrades of the True North Fleet
Glad you got Polar Dip out without incident Denis. I noticed the steering will need some attention and adjustments while I bailed the water last week. We have plenty of time to work on that before spring.

Well I have mixed feeling, glad the fleet is safely put away for another season. Sad to see our sailing season end now. As I sit in Res Bay until Wed , I see the weather is looking beautiful for the weekend in Yellowknife, I know the cold winter winds are not too far away.

Ginny Rae is all set, the mast, spars, and rigging removed, all wrapped on her trailer until spring. The winter holds the promise of a busy boat shed at our house, I will be refinishing the sticks, my son plans to build a Pocket Cruiser in Jan.

Greg
Hi Greg

I hope you are not too bored up there.

I know what you mean about mixed feeling. The day I pulled the boat out, It was the nicest day in a long time. It felt like mother nature was giving me the finger :lol:

Are you pocket cruiser plan in yet?.

Talk to you soon

Denis
Denis, I have been up north since Wed, so I do not know if the plans arrived yet. I suspect they may not arrive until Stevensonś get things sorted out in mid Oct, according to another thread. We are not in a hurry, winter is plenty long enough for the project.

Greg