BYYB Forums

Full Version: Vacationer Sails by Sailrite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Konrad

Has anyone made Sailrite sails for their Vacationer?
Yes, I liked them very much. Easy to do and can be dome on a home maching but better with a HD model.
Konrad- I have a set of Sailrite sails on my P/C that turned out very well. The Kit comes with everything you need and a set of good instructions. Bud
Konrad, it's your lucky day I think, this was posted in the items for sale section by Craig Gleason:

http://byyb.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1972

Konrad

I've been to their site, but when I search "Vacationer" it only lists jibsails. Is it best just to call them?
For the price of a kit from SailRite, you should check out www.thesailwarehouse.com for their prices on new and used sails.

I've made sails once and will never do it again. It's a lot of work, most of it by hand, to do a good sail. You don't save much with a SailRite kit and the effort just isn't worth it to me. Sail makers earn every dollar they ask for. Also check DuckWorks and their prices for new sails.

Konrad

$800.00 for a set of Vacationer sails..?

That's about half of what it cost me to build the whole danged boat back in '99.
Stupid inflation. :?

I may be looking at farmtek again....
My sail kits were $540 with tax in 2000. It took me 30 - 40 hours to assemble the kits over a three day weekend. 8) 8)
Quote: It took me 30 - 40 hours to assemble the kits over a three day weekend. 8) 8)

overachiever!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Konrad

Seriously, three ten hour days?
Pages: 1 2