BYYB Forums

Full Version: What a wind !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fall has certainly arrived in the north today. We have had rain showers, and north winds of 25 gusting to 40 knots. I still have Ginny Rae in her slip, threw a few extra ropes on for safety tonight. Denis' Polar Dip was tied to my mooring just off the dock, the rain was filling the cockpit, and she was listing to port a bit with the strong Northerly winds. My neighbour and I moved her to the safety of a slip on the dock tonight before dark. The weather forecast is for lows near freezing, so I may waken to snow covered boats tomorrow. I think we may have to pull them out this weekend, or next week. I ´m waiting for Keith to get back from up north so we can go for one last in Ginny Rae, before I trailer and tarp her.

Greg
Seems like just a month ago you were putting the boats in the water. It's just getting right for sailing down here in GA again. Those summer months are just too hot and still for sailing here. We had a great time with Bud in Tennessee a week or so ago, but I'm ready for more sailing soon. We've got an event were crashing at the end of October put on by the Glen-L folks. We had a great time there last year and they welcomed us with open beer taps and lots of great food. This year I'll have to return the favor with an open beer tap onboard the Whippoorwill full of homebrew. Book a flight and join us for a weekend.

Keith
Well the blow subsided and both vessels faired just fine. It's a mix of rain & snow today with temp at 1C or 34F. It's not staying on the ground yet! Maybe I'll trailer Ginny Rae by middle of next week.

That Glen L gathering sounds like fun Keith, I noticed it's a 1hour drive from Huntsville. If my cash flow wasn't so stretched from setting my daughter up at residence in her first year of college early Sep, I'd consider the trip. With flights, car rental, food, and lodging, could be a bit much to fit in.

Greg
Sans Souci was safely covered and on her trailer for that bit of wind. Greg, if you guys need a hand getting yours ashore, just yell, Annie and I love boat work.

I also picked up another chart today so have it covered now from home to the Cabin Islands out beyond Drybones Bay ( a romantic sounding place!). I'm up for some early planning for next year.