BYYB Forums

Full Version: Returning member... Elusive II
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Elusive II

Hey all, I'm a returning builder. I built a weekender named Elusive II. I sold her after a while because my spouse was not comfortable in a boat that small.... four boats later, she still is not comfortable!!! So, I'm gonna build me another and do some solo sailing.
I've looked into buying a boat (potter, montgomery, etc...) but there is nothing out there like a wooden gaf rigg. My Elusive II was a gaff-cutter, I might do the same, not sure yet. I'll be buying wood next week and making sawdust shortly after.
This was always a great forum, I'm sure it still is! Big Grin Big Grin

Larry C
Welcome back. This forum and the group that supports it are like a good breeze on a calm day.
Welcome back Larry, I remember your Elusive 11 very well, in fact your story of your first sail helped to inspire me to build my boat (that I'm still building). I really liked the canvas cabin extention you had on her I think you made.
So glad you came back to us, if there is anything that I may do for you just give a shout out.

Brian.

Elusive II

Thanks Brian,
That was my first attempt at making a Dodger... I've since mastered the technique. I have a good idea what changes I'll make to the next Weekender, but I'd love to see some of the great ideas the new builders have come up with!
Larry C