BYYB Forums

Full Version: the red aaron
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

aaron_stokes

i am finally back to woking on the vacationer. if i don't complete the hull before winter..... i don't even want to think about the damage. it is upside down so if i do nothing more for 6 months at least it will be weather proof.

hey britt, i keep forgetting that i need to fix my steering. i pulled it apart by accident when i was loading back onto the trailer at youba. i don't think it will be a difficult fix but i better make sure it won't happen again in a couple of weeks. perhaps i will manufacture a sectionall tiller that i can stow and attatch in case of emergancy. mark my words, i am not going to get rid of my steering wheel. it is just too dang cool. 8)
You need a fir 1x10 and a 2x4 for that temporary tiller. I can draw you a plan if you want.

Can't wait to see pictures of that vacationer.

aaron_stokes

yeah! go ahead. i can use fresh ideas. i figure if i use clevis pins to hold it on, i don't even need a wrench to install it. if the ropes were to fail out in the middle of the big lake, no worries. i will just clip on my handy dandy tiller that comes up over the taff rail just like adlas. when the trip is over, i remove it and fix it promptly....... or standard to fleet tradition, just before the next messabout. :lol:

in fact, if it worked out well, we could keep an extra in case someone else had problems during a messabout.

oh, yeah! what if i used some kind of screw clamp thing that would attatch the tiller in a similar fasion as the screw clamps that hold outboards to their mounts?