BYYB Forums

Full Version: Rear Commodore reporting for duty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thanks to all of you who took time to vote for the BYYB officers. I think we have elected a good group to take over and keep things moving in a forward direction. If there is anything I can do for you as RC please contact me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I also hope to get ideas from you all on things that can improve our group and bring new members onboard. I have a few ideas of my own, but I'm sure with all of our members from so many different backgrounds there are many more ideas we could take into consideration.

Our Gaffrig magazine is a fantastic publication that I’m sure all of us enjoy. Jim has been doing an amazing job with it. It take a huge amount of work for him to get this out to us and it truly shows in the quality of the articles and photos that go along with them. If any of you can help him by sending your own stories and pictures I know he will appreciate it and we will enjoy it in the next edition. It’s our magazine, become a part of it if you can.

With the possible exception of Adla, who is building her own fleet of boats, I hope most of us have been building a lot more friendships than sailing ships. That for me is the best thing about this place. I have met and sailed with people that without this board I would never have had the pleasure of meeting. It doesn’t seem to matter what we do, who we are, or where we’re from, when we’re out building or sailing we’re from here. It’s a common thread that can bring the most unlikely people together and friendships are the result.

Thanks for your votes

Keith
I hope for success to you in your Rear Comodore task, and am glad that you and the others chose to lead us into the future.

I like the idea of a virtual messabout this summer, we could agree on a weekend,or two and all sail with our fleets or friends. There could be a thread to post stories and gallery to post photos of our respective events. This has the potental to be an international event with members world wide participating.
I hope for success to you in your Rear Comodore task, and am glad that you and the others chose to lead us into the future.

I like the idea of a virtual messabout this summer, we could agree on a weekend,or two and all sail with our fleets or friends. There could be a thread to post stories and gallery to post photos of our respective events. This has the potental to be an international event with members world wide participating.
Keith: I know you will do a great job as R.C. Question does this mean you will get to wear one of those funny looking hats? If so Please bring it to the Florida messabout, the end of next mounth so we can get pictures for the board. :wink: Bud.
What do you mean funny looking, I think my hat is stylish, and furthermore it looks good with the big, gold, fringe dangeling shoulderpads that came with it. All I need now is a golden rope to loop through a shoulderpad and a scarf that I can tuck into my shirt. Who knows I may make the cover of Gaffrig with that look, maybe even a centerfold!

Keith
Does that outfit come with nickers and white stockings? Stranger things have happened, I just can't remember when. Bus Smile Bud.
Quote:With the possible exception of Adla, who is building her own fleet of boats

Hey - no making fun!

i like the club lots....and look out SW lizards this is our year!!!

a.
arRGghH!!!
Kieth, good on ya Sir. I can't think of a better person for the position, Well done.

Just a reminder about Sailstice, it could be the virtual regatta you are looking for and the prizes are pretty spectacular. It would be a great way to kick off the season.
http://www.summersailstice.com/

I also have spoken with Karl about the Chessie fleet hosting a cancer fund raiser. I'm not sure if we are going to go for the "relay for life" sort of event or more of an outright regatta. The American Cancer society is helping me figure out some details and I will get with you as I have more definite plans.

Congratulations, I think you are the "pick of the litter". 8)
Good going Keith, you'll do. You sound like someone to ride the river with. I also like the idea of a virtual messabout, I think that would be fun. If we can just get Brit to hurry up and get finished. Big Grin We may have to have a boatshed at his place to help him along. That could be fun too.
Pages: 1 2