BYYB Forums

Full Version: Amphora Update 8 SEP 2008
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Joe_Hildreth

Hello all,

For those of you following my son's Amphora build we have updated the web page.

http://www.myheap.com/projects/amphora/amphora.php

We are three dimensional now and have had a couple of challenges with the project after making what I thought was an appropriate modification to the bottom deck. Anyway, thanks for your support. We expect to get the other side on this evening and hopefully ready to start painting by next weekend.

I have to admit, this is the most excited I have seen any of my children about a project. The others are even talking about what they would like to build. Boat building looks like it could be contagious at my house. With the way the other kids talk, we could have a whole fleet!!!

HAHAHA

Warm Regards,

Joe Hildreth
Hi Joe,

It looks to me like you and your sons are doing very well with this project. Small mistakes are bound to occure but just remember that: "A man on a fast Dolphin will never see them!" Press on with the fun, those boys will be talking fondly about this when they are old men. Remember when Dad........ 8)
Nice work guys, nothing wrong with a family fleet, it would be knd of cool 8) . My son is planning to build a PC after Christmas, and I´m planning a Stevenson kayak for my wife and I. Well race you for the first family fleet :lol:

Greg

aaron_stokes

aye, it is contagous. i have four home built boats in me back yarrrd. the city is going to be breathing down my shirt when i start the next one :twisted:

Joe_Hildreth

Greg,

I have thought about doing the Kayak myself. My oldest son wants to do a stitch and glue canoe but I think I might try to talk him into the kayak instead. But ultimately, I will leave it his choice.

We made another update to the page today. We have the other side on and the outside rub rails. Won't be long and we can start fairing and finishing her up. We located a nice little pond for Mike to launch her in to test her out. He is getting pretty excited about it all!

Regards,

Joe Hildreth